Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: A Tennessee Funeral

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A Tennessee Funeral

    As a young minister in Tennessee , I was asked by a funeral director to hold a grave-side service for a
    homeless man, who had no family or friends. The funeral was to be held at a new cemetery way back
    in the country, and this man would be the first to be buried there. I was not familiar with the backwoods
    area, and I soon became lost. Being a typical man, I did not stop to ask for directions. I finally arrived
    an hour late.

    I saw the backhoe and the open grave, but the hearse was nowhere in sight. The digging crew was
    eating lunch. I apologized to the workers for my tardiness, and I stepped to the side of the open grave.
    There I saw the vault lid already in place. I assured the workers I would not hold them up for long, as I
    told them that this was the proper thing to do.

    The workers gathered around the grave and stood silently, as I began to pour out my heart and soul.
    As I preached about 'looking forward to a brighter tomorrow and the glory that is to come,'

    The workers began to say 'Amen,' 'Praise the Lord,' and 'Glory!' The fervor of these men truly inspired
    me. So, I preached and I preached like I had never preached before, all the way from Genesis to Revelations.

    I finally closed the lengthy service with a prayer, thanked the men, and walked to my car. As I was
    opening the door and taking off my coat, I heard one of the workers say to another, 'I ain't NEVER
    seen nothin' like that before, and I've been puttin' in septic tanks for thirty years!'
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Tennessee Funeral

    Leave it to you. lol
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Tennessee Funeral

    That's a good one..So good I was believing and feeling sorry for the poor dead man..LOL
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •